We have a global community of specialist engineers providing designs for full engines or individual components. The projects we support range from performance upgrades through to multi-phase design programs for new high-volume-production engine families.
Ricardo’s world-class engine design and analysis capability has been used in the development of a significant number of engines of all types and sizes that are currently in production and commercially successful in their respective markets.
A world-leader in engine design & analysis:
- Feasibility studies including market and competitor analysis and benchmarking
- Class-leading fuel economy, cost, friction, weight designed into the base engine from the earliest stages
- Engines designed to be integral to advanced and hybridised powertrains and vehicles
- Concept studies to assess technical and commercial cost attributes of alternative solutions
- Definitive design including extensive CAE optimisation using both industry standard codes and our own advanced software products which can also be licensed by customers
- Designs developed for production using design for manufacture and assembly techniques, including detailed cost analysis and full design optimisation of components and sub-systems
- Cost reduction studies to optimise the commercial return of existing product ranges
- Assessment and development of novel engine design concepts